Monday, January 2, 2012

Ode to the Uggs

Dearest boots, lined with fuzz,
You are the greatest there ever was.
For eight years you have cuddled my toes;
Without you, they probably would've froze.
Ripping down the side on the way to ski,
You were forced to endure sloppy surgery.
Smothering you with sticky mallows, s'mores had us beat--
Especially when I made the mistake of sitting on my feet.
Even with mallow on my bum and tacky thread on your side,
I have to admit, life with you is a snuggily ride.
These past two weeks have filled me with glee,
Wearing giant sweatshirts and you on my feet.
But now I have to go back to work,
And wear pencil skirts instead of tshirts.
I will think of you longingly when my fancy heels start to ouch.
Furry friend, you've shown me it's whats on the inside that counts.

1 comment:

  1. I too love my Uggs - I am using a portion of your poem to express my feelings on FB today! :)

    ReplyDelete